Yes, you can find us on social media vis Facebook and Instagram. See the bottom of our homepage to find the links.
You can book at Son of Steak (subject to availability, of course) by making a reservation online or simply by giving us a call.
For same-day bookings, you can reserve your table online before 10.30am for lunch and by 4pm for dinner. You can also book up to three months in advance of the date you want to dine. Just pop onto our "Book a table" page, then await your confirmation email. Easy. If you're planning a big get-together or a special occasion, you might want to call us. You'll find the phone number at the bottom of this page.
To cancel an online booking, just click on the link in your booking confirmation email and follow the steps. Please try to give us as much notice as possible.
We like to think that dining at Son of Steak is a bit of a treat, and many of our guests like to dress up to celebrate their special occasions. Therefore we have a smart-casual dress code and kindly request that no sportswear is worn when visiting Son of Steak.
Children are welcome at all times so there are no restrictions placed on how late they can dine with us.
Please visit the homepage and view the menu to see all of the prices
Please see our current menu and talk to a team member about any specific dietary requests. Our chefs will do their best to accommodate you
Although our chicken breasts are not free-range, we're pleased to confirm that they are Red Tractor Farm Assured
Young guests are welcome and have their own special menu. Furthermore, highchairs are available on request, and our team members will store away prams or pushchairs for ease.
Should a guest look under the age of 21, then identification will then be asked for, of which only the following will be accepted:
✔ International passport
✔ UK or European Union photo-card driving licence (full or provisional)
✔ Proof of age card with 'PASS' accredited hologram
Our Challenge 21 scheme is firmly embedded within the Company. In line with police guidance, our pub teams are fully trained to recognise and accept the above forms of ID.Our Challenge 21 scheme is firmly embedded within the Company. In line with police guidance, our pub teams are fully trained to recognise and accept the above forms of ID.
By law it is an offence to sell alcohol to a person aged under 18. Anyone under the age of 16 years must be accompanied by an adult. As a retailer of alcohol, we are mindful of our duty of care to our customers, staff and the wider community. It is therefore Mitchells & Butlers' Company policy not to allow under 18s to consume alcohol on our premises under any circumstances.
Through a carefully maintained relationship between our suppliers and processors, our butchers can guarantee that the Beef we source meets the highest standard of quality and is traceable from field to fork.
Only cattle from assured farms produced to a quality standard mark are used for Son of Steak with the highest standards of beef farming practices and animal welfare maintained.
We're delighted that you'd like to keep in touch. Simply sign up for all our latest news and offers via the link on our homepage.
Please ensure you have signed up to our newsletter and or app , please note that not all guests will receive the same offer at the same time.
Due to the volume of requests we receive we are unable to deal with unsolicited supplier calls and emails. If you are interested in becoming a Son of Steak supplier please send your details in writing to - Procurement Department, Mitchells & Butlers, 27 Fleet Street, Birmingham, B3 1JP
Wireless internet, or WiFi for short, lets smartphones, tablets, laptops, cameras and all other WiFi-enabled devices connect to the internet using radio waves (via a router).When using a WiFi hotspot, your device needs to have its WiFi capability switched on (it should be somewhere under 'settings' or 'connections'), and you need to be in range of the hotspot.
Here at Son of Steak we've installed free O2 Wifi at every one of our pubs, making each of them an 'O2 Wifi hotspot'. Unlike many other kinds of WiFi hotspots, O2 Wifi is free – no hidden charges or nasty surprises, just free, fast and easy internet access. And it's available to everyone, whether or not you're an O2 customer. You can sign up for O2 Wifi at any of its hotspots. Once registered, your WiFi-enabled devices will be connected automatically every time you visit an O2 Wifi hotspot. You don't need any passwords or usernames to connect, and using the service won't eat into your mobile data allowance.
It's simple. Just register your details the first time you access our free service (unless you've already done so at another O2 Wifi hotspot). You'll only need to do this once and you can enter up to five devices. Once signed up, your smartphone, tablet, laptop or whatever WiFi-enabled device you've registered will connect automatically every time you drop by a Son of Steak (or other O2 hotspot).
It's easy to get online using our free WiFi:
1)Check that your device's WiFi is switched on
2)Select 'O2 Wifi' from the network list
3)Open your internet browser and follow the sign-up instructions (enter your phone number and the name of the device(s) you're connecting with)
4)O2 Wifi will send you a text message containing a code. Enter this plus a few simple details
5)Your welcome page should appear – you're now connected
sJust click the 'No mobile coverage' link at the bottom of the page and follow the registration process. You'll be given two hours of free usage to tide you over until you can access your SMS. But you will need to fully register (with the code you've been sent) on your next visit to a Son of Steak or another venue with O2 Wifi.
The strength of O2 Wifi depends on things like how far you are from the access point (although if you're inside one of our restaurants, that shouldn't be a problem). Or how many people are trying to connect to the same hotspot at the same time. Also, some gadgets connect to WiFi quicker than others.
You'll find additional info at o2WiFi.co.uk. Alternatively, call O2 Wifi's customer support line on 0844 4632626, which is open 8am-9pm from Monday to Friday, 8am-8pm on Saturdays and 8am-6pm on Sundays.
A number of reasons. One, security – it helps us protect you from nasty viruses and fraud. Two, legally we need to ask people to register some information about themselves before using the service (to comply with European Data Retention directives). This information may be made available to authorities as required, but we won't share your details with any third party companies.
Three, it's simpler. Registering means you don't have to log in when you visit a Son of Steak or any other O2 Wifi hotspot. You'll also get the opportunity to opt in for news and offers from Son of Steak.
The terms and conditions for using our free WiFi internet service can be found on the landing page when you connect to the O2 Wifi hotspot at Son of Steak.
O2 Wifi's wireless network is one of the most secure public access networks. When using it you'll see a personalised welcome page with your name displayed – so when you enter an O2 Wifi hotspot, you'll know that it's genuine.
However, your device will be connected to a public network and, as such, may still be vulnerable. O2 Wifi offers the following tips and precautions to help you to protect your personal data:
1)Look for URLs/addresses starting 'https' when using websites that require logging in (e.g. online email, Facebook or Twitter). The 's' in https means that the page is encrypted and your details are therefore more secure
2)Only enter info like personal banking details once you know the website is secure (look for the padlock icon on your browser, click on it to confirm it is secure)
3)Avoid leaving credit card details exposed on-screen
4)Be careful when responding to emails – avoid divulging any personal or financial details, and remember that your bank will never ask you to send them your password or PIN
5)Avoid 'phishers' (sites that resemble legitimate businesses but are in fact fakes designed to steal your personal details)
6)Install and update well-known anti-virus software and personal firewalls if appropriate
7)Ensure that you turn off automatic log-in facilities and that you log out when your session ends (check that 'Keep me logged in' boxes are not ticked)
8)Use a secure, free VPN to connect to the internet – O2 Wifi recommends http://hotspotshield.com/
9)Ensure that your device is password or pin-protected
10) Don't leave your laptop unattended in a public place. Lock your screen if you absolutely need to leave it
Son of Steak gift cards are available to purchase online. If you order online, you can choose whether your gift card is received by email (e-gift).
You can also buy plastic gift cards from any of our restaurants. Just pop into your nearest Son of Steak and speak to a team member. For any further gift card queries please take a look at our gift card FAQ. https://www.sonofsteak.co.uk/gift-card
Son of Steak gift cards (whether plastic or email) are valid at any Son of Steak in the UK as well as any other Mitchells & Butlers venue. You can search all available venues here https://www.mbplc.com/findapub/
You can credit our gift cards with any denomination of £10, up to the total value of £250 each
Gift Cards are valid for 24 months from the later of the date that any value was last loaded onto the Gift Card, or the date that any value on the Gift Card was last redeemed.
An eGift Card is an electronic Gift Card sent via email. On the delivery date you choose, a message is sent to the recipient informing them of your gift, with a link to retrieve it online. The link in the email displays a page showing the eGift Card you created (the design you selected, with your recipient's name and your personalised message), its value and card details. This page also gives simple instructions for redeeming the eGift Card.
After you've made payment you should receive an email detailing your order and confirming the delivery of your e-gift.
Just show the email (either on your smartphone or as a print-out) or text message to your server, who will then redeem it for you
Not at all. If there is any remaining balance on your gift card, feel free to come back and spend it before the expiry date.
Click on the 'Check my balance' link on the bottom of our gift cards page and follow the simple instructions. Every time you redeem an e-gift received via email or text message, you should receive an automatic message telling you what you have left to spend.
Yes, gift cards are treated as a cash payment and can be used in conjunction with any promotional offers.
1. General Terms:
· Mitchells & Butlers Leisure Retail Ltd (“Dining Out Gift Card”) supplies both physical gift cards (“Physical Gift Cards”) and digital gift cards (“eGift Cards”) to guests, together referred to herein as (“Gift Cards”) which are issued by Mitchells & Butlers Leisure Retail Ltd, 27 Fleet St, Birmingham, B3 1JP (registered no 1001181), VAT Number – VAT Number and are supplied via the Gift Card agent, Blackhawk Network (Europe) Limited registered in England and Wales with its registered office at Westside, London Road, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, HP3 9TD England (registered number 07956446), who operates this website.
· If you have any complaints about our service or any Gift Cards you purchase from us or wish to contact us please contact the Gift Card Guest Services on 0331 630 5409, opening hours are 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week, or email on [email protected].
· Gift Cards are redeemable as eGifts or Physical Gift Cards. With the exception of shipping fees for the delivery of Physical Gift Cards, no additional fees will be imposed on purchasers or recipients of a Gift Card.
· Gift Cards cannot be refunded or exchanged for cash or credit. The Gift Card is not a cheque guarantee, credit, debit or charge card.
· If we are unable to accept your order, the system will inform you of this and will not charge you. This might be because of a suspicious transaction alert identified on our system or because we do not deliver Gift Cards to your location.
· Physical Gift Cards have no value until activated. Details of how to activate Physical Gift Cards will be included with each delivery. eGift Cards will be activated at the point of ordering. eGift Cards are valid either presented on a smart phone or printed out.
2. Expiry of Gift Cards: Our Gift Cards are valid for valid for 24 months from the later of the date that any value was last loaded onto the Gift Card, or the date that any value on the Gift Card was last redeemed.
3. View Your Balance: Gift Cards are available in variable denominations, and you can choose any denomination between £5 - £250. No change will be given but Gift cards can be used multiple times until all of the remaining balance is spent. Card balances can be checked by clicking www.showmybalance.com. Alternatively, you can check your balance in any Mitchells & Butlers venue
4. Your Rights To End The Contract: You have the right, in addition to your other rights, to cancel your order for Gift Cards, provided you are within the cooling off period of (i) in the case of eGift Cards fourteen (14) days after the date that we confirm that we accept your order or (ii) in the case of Physical Gift Cards (14) days after the day that they are delivered to you.
If you choose to receive your eGift Cards before expiry of the fourteen (14) day cooling off period, you acknowledge and accept that you will lose your right to end the contract once downloading of the digital content begins.
5. Returns: Subject to the cooling off period you may not return or cancel your Gift Cards after they are received. If you wish to cancel your Gift Cards order prior to its delivery, please contact our Gift Card Guest Services on 0331 630 5409.
6. Lost or Stolen Gift Cards: Please keep your Gift Cards secure, as if they were cash. We are not responsible if the Gift Cards are lost, stolen, destroyed or used without permission. We reserve the right to cancel Gift Cards, if we reasonably suspect fraud or misconduct. Damaged, altered or cancelled Gift Cards will not be accepted.
7. Limitations: The Gift Card is valid at any Mitchells & Butlers venue in the UK as detailed at www.thediningoutgiftcard.co.uk/ and subject to the conditions set out below. The Gift Card cannot be used (i) to make any online purchase (ii) at any Moto or other Mitchells & Butlers franchise or (iii) at any site not managed by Mitchells & Butlers: please check with your server that the Gift Card can be used at the particular site before ordering. Venues can be added and/or removed from the list above at any time at Mitchells & Butlers’ discretion.
Gift Cards cannot be resold, transferred for value, or redeemed for cash.
Unused Gift Cards cannot be transferred or returned, and orders cannot exceed £5000 per day.
9. Dining Out Gift Card Gift Card Guest Service: If you need assistance with any aspect of your purchase, or use of your Gift Cards, please contact Gift Card Guest Services on 0331 630 5409. You will be required to provide your order number.
10. Payment Methods: Gift Cards may be paid for with a valid Debit or Credit Card (we do not accept American Express).
11. Delivery Information: During the order process we will let you know when we will provide the Gift Cards to you. The costs of delivery for Physical Gift Cards will be as displayed to you on our website. eGift Cards will be delivered free of charge. Physical Gift Cards can be delivered to valid addresses within the United Kingdom with the exception of the Channel Islands. We are not responsible for Gift Cards that are not received due to your failure to enter an accurate physical address or email address for the recipient. If you have concerns about your order, please our Gift Card Guest Services on 0331 630 5409.
12. Reasons for Failed Delivery of eGift Cards: eGift Cards are delivered via email. If you have confirmed the recipient's email address but the eGift Cards have not been viewed within a reasonable period after the requested delivery date, the following is a list of the most common reasons why delivery may have failed:
· Spam filter blocked email or routed it to a bulk/spam folder
· Recipient's firewall blocked the email
· Email inbox is over size limit
· Invalid email address
If a spam filter is blocking Gift Card emails from getting to an inbox, the email options will need to be modified so that Gift Card emails are not considered spam.
If you need further assistance, contact our Gift Card Guest Services on 0331 630 5409. Please be ready to provide your order number.
13. Personalised Messaging : If you wish to add a personal message to your Dining Out Gift Card Gift Cards, simply type your message in the message field during the purchase process.
Gift Cards personal messages are limited in length to the space provided on the eGift Cards, or to the space provided on the presentation carrier of Physical Gift Cards and there is no additional charge to include a personalised message.
We reserve the right to cancel inappropriate, offensive or otherwise objectionable messages.
14. Updates to Terms and Conditions: We reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions from time to time.
15. Governing Law: These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of your Gift Cards in the English courts.
Each of our restaurants makes its own decisions regarding charity and raffle prizes. Just contact the manager of Son of Steak to discuss it with them directly.
It is important to us that our pubs and restaurants provide a safe, social and welcoming environment for all our guests. From time to time our pub teams may have to make a decision to bar an individual guest for the safety of our other guests and staff. These decisions are made at the manager's discretion, at a local level and we support their right as responsible license holders to make such decisions. Consequently all decisions are final and cannot be appealed centrally via our Retail Support Centre.
We welcome all breast feeding mothers into our businesses.
Please contact the restaurant directly prior to your visit.
We allow guide dogs and assistant dogs into our businesses. Many of our pubs allow dogs in their garden areas, but please check with the business before you visit to avoid disappointment.
For the comfort of all our guests Mitchells & Butlers do not allow the use of electronic cigarettes within our premises.
Please get in touch with our Guest Care team who will be happy to help. To do this, please complete our enquiry form.